Ma Da Valley And Tra Ang Cave Hiking is an excellent opportunity to get into the jungle and enjoy a wonderland that very few people have set foot in before. This day tour gives you a great experience exploring an unspoiled cave and swimming in a stunning lake. Join us to admire the most authentic features of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park Vietnam!
With our day tour to Ma Da Valley and Tra Ang Cave, you can expect a challenging but rewarding journey through the mysterious jungle. You won’t regret a day embarking on an exotic landscape and getting a satisfying reward from Mother Nature.
To make your trip more fulfilling, Phong Nha Private Car provides high-quality Phong Nha transfers from some places in central Vietnam:
- Dong Hoi to Phong Nha private car – 27 USD/car
- Hue to Phong Nha private car – 95 USD/car
- Danang to Phong Nha by private car – 143 USD/car
- Hoian to Phong Nha private car transfer – 147 USD/car
Moreover, we have a wide range of other Phong Nha cave tours so that you can choose the most suitable tour for you:
- Paradise Cave And Phong Nha Cave Tour – 56 USD/person
- Paradise Cave – Dark Cave Tour 1 Day – 65 USD/person
- Hang Pygmy Exploration 2 Days 1 Night – 336 USD/person
- Hung Thoong Exploration 3 Days 2 Nights – 345 USD/person
MA DA VALLEY AND TRA ANG CAVE HIKING
About Ma Da Valley And Tra Ang Cave
Ma Da Valley is an unspoiled area settled in the vast Phong Nha jungles. It was newly discovered and opened to visitors in August 2016. The valley is prominent in Phong Nha nature thanks to enormous primeval forests, majestic limestone mountains, and pure lakes.
Ma Da Lake is one of the best highlights of Ma Da Valley and Phong Nha. It is called a “natural pool” due to its turquoise water created by limestone, underground rivers, and streams. Indeed, its water is so crystal clear that you can zoom into the bottom. You will be on cloud nine when jumping into such refreshing water on a hot summer day.
Tra Ang Cave is another highlight of Ma Da Valley and Phong Nha-Ke Bang. With a 1-kilometer length and 50-meter width, this magnificent cave wins the hearts of many travelers. Its mysterious atmosphere always arouses their excitement and curiosity. You will love its massive appearance, unique underground river system, and pristine stalactites.
- Highlights: 8-kilometer jungle hiking, Ma Da Crystal Lake swimming, jungle BBQ lunch, 600-meter Tra Ang Cave swimming
- Adventure level: medium-high
- Duration: 9.5 hours (08:00-17:30)
- Minimum age: 15 years old
- Unsuitable for: people with high blood pressure
Ma Da Valley And Tra Ang Cave Hiking Tour Itinerary
In the morning
08:00: You get a pick-up at your accommodation in Phong Nha Town. Our private car take you to the tour headquarter.
08:30: You meet your team and go through general information for the journey. They inform you of the itinerary, rules, regulations, and other necessary things.
08:45: Your team sets off to Ma Da Valley by motorbike or van (depending on weather and group size).
09:00: You arrive at the trek departure point and start trekking through the jungle to Ma Da Valley. On the way, you will come across sharp and slippery rocks and pass by many shallow rivers.
10:00: After a 1-hour hike, you reach Ma Da Valley where you can dive into the fresh Ma Da Crystal Lake.
11:00: The swimming time ends and you wrap up to head to Tra Ang Cave. Although the trekking route to Tra Ang Cave is extremely tricky, your tour guide and porter team are always by your side.
In the afternoon
12:00: Upon arrival at Tra Ang Cave entrance, you have a BBQ lunch prepared by our porter team. Barbecue pork, tofu on bamboo leaves, and other accompaniments for spring rolls will be definitely served well. Having lunch amid vast jungles will give you a whole new experience.
13:00: After the lunch break, you begin the 600-meter swim into Tra Ang Cave. Before that, you will be equipped with every necessary equipment, including helmets, gloves, lifejackets, and head torches.
Please note that this is not a compulsory activity on this tour, so you don’t need to join this if it’s unsuitable for your health conditions.
15:30: After a beautiful time exploring Tra Ang Cave by swimming, the team starts trekking back to Ho Chi Minh Road.
16:30: Another hour passes when you arrive at Ho Chi Minh Road. You enjoy a cold drink to celebrate your achievement before our private car takes you back to Phong Nha Town.
17:00: Our driver drops you off safely at your place in Phong Nha.
What To Bring
- Trekking clothes (long trousers and shirts)
- Personal toiletries
- Insect repellent
- Hats and sunglasses
- Water trekking shoes are provided for you. We highly recommend you use these shoes because your nice shoes will be soaked when trekking through the water.
- It’s a good idea to bring socks and perhaps blister band-aids, since shoes may rub against your skin after 6 hours of hiking.
- We provide you with Vietnamese soldier trekking boots if required. (Yet, we suggest you bring your own trekking shoes in case our boots don’t suit you).
- All safety equipment, including helmets, gloves, lifejackets, and head torches, is available for you.