Hang Va Photography Tour 2D1N is truly a mind-blowing experience for both amateur and professional photographers. You will get a healthy trekking trip to the thick jungles and unique caves. The majesty of nature will become an endless inspiration for you to take wonderful photos.
The natural world in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park never fails to astonish visitors. Its lush jungles with great biodiversity and mysterious charm have been inviting nature lovers and adventure seekers for years. Obviously, Hang Va Cave is among the names many people add to their bucket lists when heading to Phong Nha.
Across thick jungles and into the unknown of an underground world, you will see the scenery that others don’t dare to see. Once you enter the caves and go along narrow passages, extraordinarily unique tower cone formations appear in front of you. Thus, Hang Va Photography Tour 2D1N of Phong Nha Private Tour will become the most special experience for you.
To begin with, let’s take a look at our Phong Nha tours and Phong Nha transfers that you might be interested in for your upcoming trips to Phong Nha:
- Phong Nha Cave Kayak Expedition (4.5 kilometers) – 73 USD/person
- Phong Nha Cave and Dark Cave Deluxe Group Tour – 115 USD/person
- Phong Nha Botanic Garden trekking 2 days tour – 167 USD/person
- Hue to Phong Nha by Limousine – 145 USD/limousine
- Danang to Phong Nha by private car – 143 USD/sedan
- Hoi An to Phong Nha by limousine – 326 USD/limousine
HANG VA PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR 2D1N
- Operating time: from February to August (closed from September to January)
- Duration: 2 days / 1 night
- Adventure level: moderate to hard, suitable for physically active people (good experiences in basic trekking required)
- Availability: twice/month
- Group size: 2 – 8 pax
- Minimum age: 16 years old
- Tour departure: 08:00 – 08:30, from any local hotel in Phong Nha
- Tour end: 17:00 – 17:30, at any local hotel in Phong Nha
What To Expect?
This tour is considered a high-adventure expedition, which is even more difficult with cameras and equipment required to light the pitch-black passageways. Led by a professional caving guide and guide assistants, you’ll visit a range of viewpoints along with additional cave lighting. With good assistance, you can capture the best shots inside Hang Va Cave and some spectacular overlooks in the jungle as well.
To give you the longest time possible to capture satisfactory shots, the Hang Va Photography Tour 2D1N must be extended. Indeed, you have a good chance to capture some incredible nighttime photographs around the campsite.
Our tour is aimed at those who are serious about photography. Thus, you are responsible for your own cameras and photography. We do not provide lessons on how to use cameras, but some general guidance related to lighting the caves will be provided. Of course, our guides are always willing to model for you if you need some perspective in your shots.
On our Hang Va Photography Tour 2D1N, you will visit two caves Hang Va and Hang Nuoc Nut. Despite not being physically connected to Son Doong, these caves are part of the Son Doong Cave System based on their shared water flow. Fortunately, its water flow creates unique and spectacular formations, perfect for your photoshoots.
As Hang Va and Nuoc Nut Caves were newly found in 2012, you will be one of the first people to put human steps into these caves. When exploring them, you will hike through their entrances, use ropes assistance, and cross some rivers.
Although it sounds difficult, we are here to make sure you have the most enjoyable and safest trip. Certainly, we provide the best for your adventure experiences, with every aspect carefully considered. We give you delicious meals, the highest safety standards, and informative adventure guides.
Note: Please note that drones are not allowed on our photography tour unless it is a private tour and permission has been granted by the Ministry of Defense for special purposes. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Day 1: Phong Nha – Hang Nuoc Nut – Hang Va Jungle Camp
In the morning
- 08:00-08:30: We pick you up at your hotel in Phong Nha and drive you to our Headquarters. There, you collect your gear, listen to a tour briefing, and sign our Release Form.
- Then, you have a 45-minute car ride through the national park to the trailhead.
- From the trailhead, your team enters the jungle and hikes to the entrance of Hang Nuoc Nut.
- Here you put on a Petzl helmet and a Hope Technology 1500 Lumen headlamp to discover the cave.
- After the narrow opening, the cave enlarges dramatically. Then, you can explore the high-level series with excellent photographic opportunities.
- Your team has a picnic lunch with ice-cold drinks provided before setting off to the cave for around 2 kilometers.
In the afternoon
- Then, you continue to enjoy stunning formations, enormous passages, and underground rivers. To make the most of this trip, try to take as many photos as possible before we leave the cave.
- After leaving the cave, you will trek on a short but tough jungle path with difficult terrain. When overcoming this path, your team almost reaches Hang Va Cave.
- 17:30: You get to the jungle campsite at the base of huge cliffs next to Hang Va’s entrance
- After that, you can swim in a downstream pool inside Hang Va if it hasn’t got too dark yet.
- Then, the team sets camps up and enjoys tea or coffee and a delicious dinner served by our local chef.
- You call it a day with a true jungle camp, where you will fall asleep amid nature’s sounds.
Day 2: Hang Va – Phong Nha
- 08:00: You wake up and have a delicious breakfast before enjoying the best highlight of our expedition – Hang Va.
- First of all, you will climb down the steep entrance of Hang Va. It can be quite slippery, so watch out your steps. Certainly, to ensure your safety, we equip a rope for you with a harness, which you will continue to wear all the time inside Hang Va Cave.
- During your Hang Va exploration, you will almost walk in water flowing through the river passage, besides climbing up and down and squeezing between rocks. The water level of the river passage can be up to chest level, so be ready to get wet for about 4 hours.
- When you reach the end of that wet passage, the water rises up through a clear pool. This is a good chance to see many small bats, but please be quiet and respect these cave dwellers.
- Then, you climb up to the high-level passage, where you need to use the harness again to ascend.
- In this wonderful high-level area, you can admire its stunning formations, which are really rare in the world. Thus, with such uniqueness, you should spend a lot of time taking beautiful images. You will have support from Hope Technology and extra lights prepared specifically for photography in Hang Va Cave.
Note: Please respect our efforts to protect this passage and understand that you cannot leave the designated walkways.
- 14:00: Finally, we will head back to the camp, enjoy lunch, and walk back to the road by a different route to the pick-up point. Then, our car will come and take you back to Phong Nha.
- 17:00: Our driver drops you off at your hotel in Phong Nha.