Tu Lan 1 Day Tour is among the best adventure tours to untamed jungles and limestone mountains in the Tu Lan Cave System. We provide the best itinerary for your jungle adventure, including 8-kilometer trekking, caving, and underground river swimming.
Only in one day with this tour, the heart of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park will open in front of your eyes. Indeed, you can admire its biodiversity, unspoiled beauty, and especially a series of stunning caves in the Tu Lan Cave System.
In addition, we recommend some other Phong Nha tours that might be more suitable for you:
- Phong Nha Villages Biking Tour – 62 USD/person
- Tra Ang Cave And Paradise Cave – 63 USD/person
- Phong Nha Cave And Dark Cave Tour – 65 USD/person
- Phong Nha Jungle Trek Adventure Wildlife 2D1N – 167 USD/person
TU LAN 1 DAY TOUR
- Operating time: from November to September (closed in October)
- Duration: 1 day
- Adventure level: easy (8 kilometers), better for physically active travelers (swimming required)
- Availability: daily (except Sundays)
- Group size: 2 – 8 pax
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Tour departure: 07:00 – 07:30 from any local hotel in Phong Nha
- Tour end: 18:00 – 18:30 at any local hotel in Phong Nha
What To Expect?
To make sure you have the most satisfactory journey, our expert guides and professional porters are always ready. With good preparation and assistance from us, you will trek up to 8 kilometers through buffalo fields and dense jungles. Also, the tour gives you a good chance to try swimming through an unbelievable cave river.
Moreover, as mentioned, you will see a series of astonishing caves with immense formations: Hang Chuot (Rat Cave), Hung Ton Cave, and To Mo Valley. Be prepared to get wet and dirty. If you don’t mind that, you can witness what other people can’t!
Besides, our team will serve you an awesome BBQ lunch beside a stunning waterfall. Having lunch amid such an immense jungle will become an unforgettable experience in your life! In brief, you should expect a day full of adventure.
Besides, if you really want the ultimate adventure, we suggest you spend the night in the jungle on our Tu Lan Cave Encounter (2 days). Or you can add another night camping in a cave on our Wild Tu Lan Cave Explorer (3 days).
- 07:00-07:30: Start your Tu Lan 1 Day Tour with a car pick-up from your accommodation in Phong Nha. Please be ready when our driver comes.
- Then, you have a 70-kilometer car ride over the Da Deo Mountain Pass to reach the ethnic minority village of Tan Hoa, where our headquarters is located.
- You finish the preparation by going through a safety briefing, checking gear, and signing our Release Form. And about your personal luggage, we can keep it in our storage room until you come back from the tour.
- After that, your full-day adventure begins with a 2-kilometer trek across peanut and buffalo fields to reach the Rao Nan River.
- After crossing the river, you’ll reach the impressive Hang Chuot (Rat Cave) to explore its up-to-280-meter massive formations.
- Then, you return to the river another way to trek through Hung Ton Valley and visit Hung Ton Cave. To explore this wild cave, you first descend a 15-meter ladder with a safety rope. After that, you will swim 50 meters through the cave. Finally, you follow an underground river to reach To Mo Valley.
- You will have a delicious BBQ lunch next to a gorgeous waterfall in this valley. You can also have refreshing swims here before the team heads home.
- On the way back, you will trek over Hung Ton Mountain (1 kilometer), across Hung Ton Valley (500 meters), and past a small hill down to Rao Nan River (500 meters). Then, you’ll finish the day by crossing back over peanut and buffalo fields (2.5 kilometers).
- Eventually, you arrive at our headquarters in Tan Hoa, where a cold drink and shower are ready for you. Then, our private car will come and transfer you back to Phong Nha.
- 18:30: Our driver drops you off at your accommodation in Phong Nha. It’s the end of your Tu Lan 1 Day Tour.