Hang Tien Photography Tour 2D1N is an adventure photography tour through the thick jungles of Tu Lan. On the way to discovering the abundant ecosystem, particularly in the wondrous Hang Tien Cave, you can admire stunning nature and capture it through your lens.
Our photography tour to Hang Tien is different from other standard treks, as we give you more time to catch all the beauty of the cave. To do so, Phong Nha Private Car provides a professional assistance team, who can help you carry and set up photographic equipment.
Before details about the tour, you should take a look at some Phong Nha tour suggestions that are available in our store:
- Phong Nha Villages Biking Tour – 62 USD/person
- Abandoned Valley And E Cave Trek 1 Day – 64 USD/person
- Paradise Cave And Dark Cave Tour 1 Day – 65 USD/person
- Phong Nha Jungle Trek & Wildlife 1 Day – 67 USD/person
HANG TIEN PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR 2D1N
- Operating time: from mid-November to mid-September (closed in October)
- Duration: 2 days/1 night
- Adventure level: easy for physically active travelers (swimming required)
- Availability: Twice per month
- Group size: 2 – 8 pax
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Tour departure: 07:30 – 08:00 from any local hotel in Phong Nha
- Tour end: 19:00 – 19:30 at any local hotel in Phong Nha
What To Expect?
When joining our tour, you will be led by a professional caving guide and guide assistants. With their enthusiastic help in the porter job, cave lighting, guiding, camping, and more, you can enjoy a range of viewpoints to the fullest. Thereby, you can capture the best shots wherever you want inside the caves.
Also, our guides can play as a model for your shots so that you can get a better idea about photo angles, lighting, the full scale of the cave, and so on. Additionally, you’ll have the chance to capture some incredible nighttime photographs around the campsite and look down to the jungle lagoon pool.
It’s necessary we make sure you have the most extended time to capture as many shots as possible. Besides, it’s necessary you are responsible for your own camera as we do not provide lessons on how to use cameras or so. This tour mainly aims at people serious about photography.
Although this tour sounds demanding not only for us but also for you, it is totally worth it for the fantastic views and photos.
Please note that drones are not allowed on our photography tour unless it is a private tour and permission has been granted by the Ministry of Defense for special purposes. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Hang Tien Cave Vietnam
As the largest cave in the Tu Lan Cave System, Hang Tien, or Fairy Cave, is outstanding with its enormous size and spectacular formations. It is magnificently nestled in the heart of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park.
After overcoming a tough trek into the unknown amid Vietnamese jungles, Hang Tien Cave appears stunning as a reward for brave travelers. You will see the lost world of ancient rock configurations dripping from the ceilings.
With formations rising up like a layered cake of rimstone pools and lush ferns, Hang Tien Cave Vietnam is truly a unique gift of nature. Besides Hang Tien, you will explore Hang Ruc Cave on the way. Highlights of the tour include gour pools, swimming in lakes within a cave, a natural lagoon pool, and cave-side waterfalls.
On top of that, you will spend a night under a net of a thousand stars shimmering in Phong Nha’s night sky. It promises to give you an unforgettable experience and a truly unique chance to enjoy the real wilderness of this country.
Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Hang Ruc
In the morning
- 07:30 – 08:00: Your first day begins in Phong Nha with a car pick-up from your local hotel.
- 08:00 – 09:30: You make your way to our Tan Hoa Office with our private car ride. Here, you will learn all about safety regulations, collect your gear, and sign our Release Form.
- 10:30: Your tour starts with a 2-hour tricky trek uphill and downhill alongside the river.
- 13:00 – 13:30: Your team makes a stop for lunch.
In the afternoon
- 14:00: You continue with your tour by coming across the river and following the path to Hang Ruc. Here, you’ll find a pretty stream cave with short swims and flowstone cascades. You have a couple of hours to enjoy this heavenly spot.
- 17:00: You make your way out of Hang Ruc Cave and trek upriver to your campsite, which is next to a beautiful natural jungle pool. Here, you’ll be able to enjoy a refreshing swim and take some great photos before the sun goes down.
In the evening
- You will set up your camps while the porters grill up a fulfilling BBQ dinner for you. Then, you enjoy that meal to gain energy for your upcoming exploration of Hang Tien 1 and Hang Tien 2.
- If the skies are clear, you can capture some amazing shots of the star-filled jungle night.
- Finally, it’s time to sleep.
Day 2: Hang Tien 1 – Hang Tien 2 – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
In the morning
- 07:00: You wake up at your jungle camp and enjoy a delicious breakfast prepared by the porter team.
- 08:30: You begin the second day with a climb over a field of boulders to visit Hang Tien 1. Your team will have a couple of hours to explore this cave and take wonderful pictures of it.
- 08:30-10:30: Firstly, inside Hang Tien 1, about 50 meters inside the entrance, lies a large chamber where you can enjoy the beautiful patterned ceiling. After pushing forward, the tour will continue through most of Hang Tien 1. Then, you go up a ladder and get out of the exit of Hang Tien 1.
- 11:00: After Hang Tien 1, your team continues to trek through the jungle for another thirty minutes to reach the subterranean world of Hang Tien 2. Then, you will have a 300-meter trek into the cave, where you find many unique formations.
In the afternoon
- 12:00: After visiting Hang Tien 2, the team comes back to the exit of Hang Tien 1. Along the way from Hang Tien 1 to Hang Tien 2 and back, our guide will show you prominently attractive viewpoints, from which you can set up your tripod and capture stunning shots inside the caves.
- 13:00-14:00: It’s time to enjoy a picnic lunch.
- 14:00: The team spends the last couple of hours going on a return trek to the road, where cold drinks will await you.
- 16:30: You arrive back at the Tan Hoa Office with our transfer. Now, you have time to shower and change into fresh clothes before heading back to Phong Nha.
- 19:00: The Hang Tien Photography Tour 2D1N ends when you arrive at your place in Phong Nha.