Tu Lan Photography Cave Tour 2D1N will give you a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of modern society. You will have two days to discover the epic Tu Lan Cave System and spend a night under the vast sky of the unspoiled land.
With a 2-day trek deep into Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, you will come back to the invigorating Mother Nature. To save you fantastic experiences, Phong Nha Private Car offers a special journey for travelers who would like to explore the Tu Lan Cave.
Moreover, we can carry and set up modern equipment for you to take tons of wonderful photos. Pick up your camera and go deep into the untouched nature. The remote Tu Lan Cave System of caves, karst mountains, jungle, and waterfalls is waiting for you!
Before going any further, we would like to suggest some good Phong Nha tours that you might want to consider for your travels:
- Paradise Cave And Phong Nha Cave Tour – 56 USD/person
- Elephant Cave & Ma Da Valley Jungle Trek 1 Day – 71 USD/person
- Phong Nha to Hoi An tour 3 days – 120 USD/person
- Phong Nha Botanic garden trekking 2 days tour – 167 USD/person
TU LAN PHOTOGRAPHY CAVE TOUR 2D1N
- Operating time: from mid-November to mid-September (closed in October)
- Duration: 2 days/1 night
- Adventure level: easy for physically active travelers (swimming required)
- Availability: twice per month
- Group size: 2 – 8 pax
- Minimum age: 16 years old
- Tour departure: 07:30 – 08:00 from any local hotel in Phong Nha
- Tour end: 18:00 – 18:30 pm at any local hotel in Phong Nha
What To Expect?
On Tu Lan Photography Cave Tour 2D1N, you will have a completely different experience from any other cave system in the area. Indeed, this photography tour maximizes your time in the jungle and caves with a wide variety of photogenic locations. Thereby, you can capture the best nature shots while going for a healthy trek into the jungle.
One of the caves featured on this tour already had its beautiful formations featured in National Geographic by a world-renowned photographer. You can have a firsthand experience with those gorgeous creations when being led by our professional caving guide and assistants. Moreover, you can capture some incredible nighttime photographs around the campsite and outside Ken Cave.
Our assistance team will help you with all photographic equipment and the lighting work while our guide shows you a range of photogenic viewpoints in the caves and some spectacular overlooks in the jungle. Together, they will give you a memorable trip with the best shots.
It is a demanding tour for all of us, as not only do we ensure the longest time possible for you to capture nice shots but also you have to be serious about photography. We do not provide any lessons related to cameras, so you are responsible for your own photoshoot.
Despite that, we do offer some general guidance about lighting the caves. Of course, our guides are always available to model for you in the caves if you need some perspective in your shots.
Additionally, this exploration also includes some impressive rewards from nature: watching flurries of butterflies around the campsite in their breeding months; sleeping under the stars, in a hammock, with the breeze floating lazily around you; sitting by a campfire and listening to the beautiful waterfalls cascading nearby.
Please note that drones are not allowed on our photography tour unless it is a private tour and permission has been granted by the Ministry of Defense for special purposes. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Tu Lan
In the morning
- 07:30-08:00: Our driver picks you up at your hotel in Phong Nha. He will transfer you to the village of Tan Hoa, located 70 kilometers away.
- 09:00: Upon arrival at our Tan Hoa Office, you do a safety briefing and gear check. Also, you need to sign our Release Form before setting off for the Tu Lan Photography Cave Tour 2D1N.
- The journey begins with a 2.5-kilometer march across fields of peanut crops, giant water buffaloes, and towering corn stalks. Then, your team gets down to the Rao Nan River.
- The adventure accelerates with a 30-meter climb up a rocky hill to a small jungle, where you can catch your breath for a while.
- Later on, you have a 100-meter descent in elevation down to Hung Ton Valley. We will enjoy lunch at the Hung Ton Cave entrance.
In the afternoon
- After lunch, you get plenty of time for photography in Hung Ton Cave and throughout Kim Cave. Climbing, trekking, and swimming through these river caves are definitely a highlight of your photography travel in Vietnam. During the afternoon of your tough exploration, snacks are available.
- 17:30-18:00: Finally, your team arrives at the campsite and gets ready for the best BBQ jungle dinner. After dinner, you can have optional shots around the exit of Hang Ken Cave and maybe a shot of the stars.
- Sleep will come easily in comfortable hammocks or tents.
Day 2: Tu Lan – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
In the morning
- 07:30: The second day starts with a hearty breakfast and more cave photography challenges.
- After breakfast, your team sets off from the campsite and starts cruising into the Tu Lan Cave entrance.
- Once you discover Tu Lan Cave, there are many opportunities for amazing shots at the cave’s blue lagoon.
- Then, you make your way up to explore the dry part with some climbing and squeezing. At that point, you can set up your tripod and capture some stunning shots of cave formations.
- Later on, the team will walk through the forest path to the noon campsite for more jungle shots. Here, you also enjoy a delicious lunch served next to the waterfall.
In the afternoon
- After lunch, we will return the same way. We will go through Kim Cave, To Mo Valley, and Hung Ton Cave, giving you more opportunities for last-minute shots.
- After trekking back to our Tan Hoa Office, you finally finish your trip and enjoy a cold drink as a celebration. Also, showers are available for those who would like to clean up and change.
- 17:30-19:00: Our car takes you back to Phong Nha.