Hoi An to Hue day trip by private car is one of the best travel options to visit Hue City from Hoi An. Unlike other transport options such as grab cars or traditional taxis, our service is more flexible, allowing you to customize your itinerary and decide on your departure time or stopovers on the way.
As you may know, Hue City, the ancient capital of Vietnam, accommodates the majestic heritage of the Nguyen Dynasty, especially the Complex of Hue Monuments. Besides its solemnity, the tranquil and poetic atmosphere of this land has attracted many tourists.
With an aim to help you make excellent memories in Hue’s ancient capital, Phong Nha Private Car provides Hoi An to Hue day trip by car. You will get a Hoi An to Hue private car taking you to not only Hue highlights but also on-the-way attractions such as Hai Van Pass and Lap An Lagoon.
We provide you with a good-quality private car and an English-speaking driver. By booking our private car, you don’t need to worry about anything but enjoy your trip. We promise you a punctual pick-up, safe transfer, enjoyable journey, flexible stops, and caring service.
If you don’t want the whole tour, we have only private car transfers from Hoi An to other destinations for you, such as:
- Hoian to Hue by private car – 65 USD/sedan
- Hoi An to Phong Nha by private car – 143 USD/sedan
- Hoi An to Vinh Moc Tunnels by car – 152 USD/sedan
HOI AN TO HUE DAY TRIP BY PRIVATE CAR
The Hoi An to Hue distance is about 138 kilometers. So, if you go directly from Hoi An to Hue, it takes nearly 3 hours by car. Obviously, it would take a bit longer for stopovers at beautiful attractions on the way. On such a long trip, it’s perfect to enjoy our comfortable seats and cool air from our A/Cs.
Hoi An to Hue map:
Hue City Tour From Hoi An Features
- Tour type: Daily tour
- Tour duration: Full day – from 07:30 to 18:30
- Pick-up and drop-off at Hoi An (please let us know if you would like to stay in Hue after the tour)
- Transport: Private car (including the boat trip on the Perfume River Hue)
- Highlights: Hai Van Pass, Lang Co Beach, Khai Dinh Tomb, Hue Imperial Citadel, Thien Mu Pagoda, and Perfume River
Hue City Tour From Hoian Highlights
- Stop on the way at Hai Van Pass and Lang Co Beach (to take pictures, drink coffee, and enjoy views)
- Visit Khai Dinh Tomb, Hue Imperial Citadel, and Thien Mu Pagoda with a local tour guide
- Learn all about the architecture, history, culture, and untold stories of those places.
- Sightsee Hue City on a dragon boat around the Perfume River
- Enjoy the best Hue cuisine at an authentic restaurant
Hoi An To Hue Day Trip Itinerary
In the morning
07:00-07:30: To begin the trip, our driver follows your requested time and location to pick you up on time. After you meet him, he will help you with your luggage, if needed, and make sure you stay good in your seats. Then the round trip from Hoian to Hue starts!
09:00: You reach Hai Van Pass, or Ocean Cloud Pass, which is one of the most challenging passes in Vietnam. You will stop at the highest peak to admire the magnificent scenery and take some pictures. You can also enjoy some Vietnamese coffee while seeing the breathtaking panorama of Da Nang City.
Besides, you can drop by Lang Co Beach to view Lang Co Bay’s fairyland-like scenery. It gives every tourist a long-lasting impression thanks to the white sand embracing the crystal clear seawater. Also, the faraway Bach Ma Mountain vaguely embellishes the landscape. You will love to breathe in good air and take some photos at this place!
11:30: You arrive in Hue City and pick up your local tour guide to discover the Khai Dinh Tomb together. This is the burial and worship place of the Nguyen Dynasty’s 12th Emperor Khai Dinh. It was built in 1920 with the most gorgeous architecture among all Hue tombs. Although it is the smallest tomb, it never fails to impress tourists.
In the afternoon
12:30: It’s lunchtime with a delicious local meal.
13:30: After the lunch break, you continue the trip with the Hue Imperial Citadel, the UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will see the Citadel, Royal City, Forbidden City, and many more impressive royal constructions inside this heritage.
14:30: Then, you visit Thien Mu Pagoda, a Buddhist site built in 1601. It is situated on the northern bank of the Perfume River. For years, it has been known as the symbol of Hue City.
16:00: The final attraction on Hue’s day trip from Hoian is a dragon boat trip cruise along the Perfume River. It’s time to relax and enjoy the poetic views. This lasts about 1 hour before you are taken back to Hoi An.
18:00: After all, our driver drops you off at your place in Hoi An. He will help you with your luggage and make sure you forget nothing in the car. You settle the payment to him (if required) and say goodbye. We finish the Hoian to Hue day trip by private car. Phong Nha Private Car Travel wishes you a great day with us.
Besides, you might want to consider other Hue tours, such as:
- Hue Imperial City Walking Tour (2.5 hours) – 19 USD/person
- Hue Street Food Tour – 25 USD/person
- Hue Royal Tombs Tour – 65 USD/person
- Baby seats are available. Please inform us beforehand if you need them.
- Our drivers can only communicate in basic English, which is enough to support your basic needs during the trip. However, they are not tour guides who can provide details about the attractions.
- You can visit Hai Van Pass and Lang Co Bay without charges.