- 1 Introduction
- 2 What Is The Transportation You Should Choose?
- 3 What To See In Hue City?
- 4 Conclusion
Are you planning to go from Phong Nha to Hue but don’t know where to begin? We would like to give you some travel advice, especially on transportation and tourist attractions.
As you may know, Hue is a popular tourist destination in central Vietnam. It is known as an ancient city, which was once a glorious capital of Vietnam under the 143-year reign of the Nguyen. When it comes to Hue, people imagine the poetic scenery of Truong Tien Bridge over the gentle Perfume River. Also, it is remembered by the vintage but golden Hue Imperial City, which stands still through national history.
After a good visit to Phong Nha, many tourists choose Hue as the next destination for their Vietnam travel. To help you have better ideas for your trip, Phong Nha Private Car would like to provide some information about Phong Nha to Hue trip. What are Hue’s highlights? What is the most convenient way to get Hue from Phong Nha? Let’s find out!
What Is The Transportation You Should Choose?
The distance from Phong Nha to Hue is about 230 kilometers. It will take about 4 hours to get there by car. For more details, take a look at the Phong Nha to Hue map below:
You can get to Hue by private cars, taxis, trains, airplanes, and even motorcycles. Among them, we highly recommend you choose private car transfer, which gives you the best prices, comfort, safety, convenience, and flexibility. We will provide detailed information about these transfers so that you can make a wise choice.
Phong Nha To Hue By Private Car
You can book a high-quality Phong Nha To Hue By Private Car at only 95 USD/car. Contact us at +84349825119 (WhatsApp) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Email) for more details.
Why Should You Choose Us?
- We have the latest cars with strong A/Cs and comfortable seats, giving you an easy ride and private space. Also, free Wi-Fi, complimentary bottled water, and tissues are ready for you on board. Thus, while enjoying a trip with us, all your basic needs are well met.
- Besides, our driver team is well-trained, experienced, and qualified with legal certificates. Plus, they are on time, can communicate in basic English, and take good care of every customer. Our drivers have gained very good reviews from previous customers so far.
- On top of that, we let our customers customize their own trips by making requests to us. Our private cars do not have a fixed departure time or drop-off location, so you can decide what is convenient for you. Whenever you need a ride, even at night, we are ready.
- Moreover, you can choose stopovers on the way, which other vehicles won’t do. We will recommend good places to stop by on the way from Phong Nha to Hue in the next part. Besides, you can have other special requests, such as baby seats or a lunch break, which we will try our best to meet.
- For such high-quality services, we offer an affordable and totally transparent price, without any hidden costs. We always want to provide services deserving of your money.
Must-See Attractions On The Way
Vinh Moc Tunnels
It is a significant historic site of Quang Tri Province. It is considered the largest historical tunnel in the demilitarized zone of Vietnam. With a sizable tunnel system, it was once the shelter of hundreds of Vietnamese people during the war.
You can discover this underground miniaturized village to understand more about the cruel war and Vietnamese history. Indeed, tourists will be astounded by how Vietnamese people live in such underground conditions. You’d better spend at most 45 minutes for this attraction.
Hien Luong Bridge – Ben Hai River
This bridge is located at the 17th Parallel, which divided the north and the south of Vietnam during the war. Hien Luong and Ben Hai are two epic witnesses of the fierce war. When visiting this place, you can learn about the stories of Vietnamese in their peace protection.
You can take some photos before continuing your trip to Hue City.
La Vang Church
Also called La Vang Holy Land, it’s a Vietnamese Catholic Church, a significant holy center of Vietnam. You will love its sacred atmosphere, unique constructions, and the Virgin Mary in Vietnamese traditional clothes Ao dai.
Phong Nha To Hue By Bus
The best part of Bus Phong Nha to Hue is the very economical cost. You can also have a good trip, with sometimes A/Cs and free Wi-Fi. Yet, you have to go on a shared trip with other people and follow their departure time and pick-up location. We recommend some bus brands that you can take into consideration:
|Bus||Hung Thanh Bus||Tan Nhat Bus||DMZ Bus|
|Departure time||04:00 – 04:30||15:00 – 16:00||06:00|
|Arrival time||8:00 – 9:00||20:00||10:30|
|Price||9 USD/pax||13 USD/pax||22 USD/pax|
|Pick up||Thanh Phat Hotel||Phong Nha Tourism Center||Thanh Phat Hotel|
|Drop off||49 Chu Van An, Hue||1A Hung Vuong St, Hue||DMZ Bar Hue|
Please note that these bus trips might change their time and itineraries due to some reasons. You should book a ticket 5-2 days in advance.
Phong Nha To Hue By Train
A train from Phong Nha to Hue is another option besides a bus or airplane. It takes from nearly 3 to 3.5 hours to get to Phong Nha from Hue by train. It is quite safe and easy thanks to the direct railway between the two destinations. There are various train transfer options for you, so you can find a suitable ticket type for your budget and preferences.
Here are some options for reference:
|Vietnam Railways||VIP Sleeper||02:31 – 05:30||14 US$|
|09:00 – 12:25||17 US$|
|Class II Sleeper AC||05:33 – 08:26||11 US$|
|16:40 – 20:22||14 US$|
|23:32 – 02:41||15 US$|
|Class II AC||14:36 – 18:01||14 US$|
|Violette Express Train||VIP Sleeper 4x||07:57 – 10:47||30 US$|
The above schedule is only for reference. Delays usually happen, especially for long trips.
Some tips for the Phong Nha to Hue train:
- You should book your tickets in advance via reliable online websites, as train tickets are usually sold out before departure dates. Moreover, by booking beforehand, you don’t need to wait at the ticket counters and can choose the seats you want right at home.
- There might be different carriages on the same train: with fans only or with A/Cs, with soft or hard seats, with second-class bunk beds or private rooms. You should understand what you are going to book, as the prices vary depending on each carriage’s features. Obviously, the more amenities a carriage has, the more expensive its tickets are.
- Here are some train consumer behaviors that might help you better decide on your tickets: The seats at the back of the trains are usually fully booked while the front seats are less popular. For long trips, night tickets are the most popular, as they can sleep on the train and save time.
- You should arrive at the train station at least half an hour before departure time to find your station and finish check-in procedures. Do not forget to bring your ID along.
- Sometimes, the A/Cs make it quite cold on the train, but you can’t ask to adjust it. So, we recommend bringing some warm clothes if you are going to book an A/C ticket.
- Toilets are available on the train, but you should not expect them to be clean.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol are banned on the train. You can buy food and beverages on the train.
Phong Nha To Hue By Airplane
Although an airplane trip from Phong Nha to Hue is the most comfortable choice, it is more expensive and requires more procedures. Similar to buses and trains, you should book tickets online in advance if you want to have the best price and convenience.
We give you some references about Phong Nha to Hue flights:
|Vietnam Airlines Economy||10:05 – 20:00||109 US$|
|Bamboo Airways Economy||20:50 – 19:10||150 US$|
Phong Nha To Hue By Taxi
A taxi ride is quite costly for a long trip like Phong Nha to Hue. Here are some taxi brands in Phong Nha that you can contact:
- Mai Linh Taxi: 02323 85 85 85
- Dong Hoi Taxi: 02323 841 841
- Xuyen Viet Taxi: 02323 84 84 84
- Sun Taxi Quang Binh: 0232.3 53 53 53
- Quang Binh Taxi: (0232) 382 82 82
- Tien Sa Taxi: (0232) 379 79 79
- Hai Binh Taxi (0232) 3 67 67 67
Phong Nha To Hue By Motorcycle
For those who prefer adventures and backpack trips, you can go from Phong Nha to Hue by motorcycle. As the National Route 1 in Vietnam is suitable for nearly all road vehicles, you can ride your motorbike directly to Hue.
A trip by motorbike gives you perfect independence and freedom. Yet, it takes the longest time and most effort compared to other vehicles. Besides, to go on this ride, please make sure you are good at riding a motorbike and using Google Maps.
What To See In Hue City?
You must be wondering where should you visit after arriving at Hue. We would like to introduce the best highlights popular among tourists:
Hue Imperial City
Hue Imperial Citadel is a significant monument complex in Hue and Vietnam. It was once the heart of the ancient capital of Vietnam – the residence of Nguyen’s royal family. With massive scale, majestic royal architecture, and timeless values to Vietnam, it is a top must-see attraction for tourists.
Thien Mu Pagoda
Hue, a sacred land, is famous for various pagodas, temples, and tombs. Thien Mu Pagoda is the most prominent of them all. Standing still for hundreds of years, Thien Mu has contributed dramatically to Hue’s landscape, tourism, and cultural values. You must want to visit this outstanding construction, a pride of Vietnamese architecture.
Hue Royal Tombs
Hue is not only the witness of 13 Nguyen emperors’ extraordinary lives but also a peaceful resting place for them. Indeed, their tombs are built in good locations and have special architecture. If you want to learn more about the royal life, you must go and see these tombs.
The most popular Hue tombs are: Khai Dinh Tomb, Tu Duc Tomb, Minh Mang Tomb, Gia Long Tomb, Thieu Tri Tomb, and so on.
Truong Tien Bridge
Truong Tien Bridge over the Perfume River is an icon of Hue. In the daytime, it gives you stunning views of Hue under sparkling sunlight. You would love the sun’s reflection on Perfume River! Meanwhile, in the nighttime, colorful lights are lit up on the Truong Tien Bridge, giving Hue a poetic scenery. You must try visiting this iconic bridge!
If you want a local expert to accompany you in Hue, you should book our Hue tours:
- Hue Royal Tombs Tour – 65 USD/person
- Hue Boat Tour On Perfume River – 50 USD/person
- Hue City Tour Half Day – 31 USD/person
- Hue cycling tour to Thanh Toan Bridge – 23 USD/person
In brief, through the article Transfer From Phong Nha To Hue – Travel Tips, we suggest Phong Nha to Hue transfer options and some must-see attractions. We hope that you have collected helpful information for your trip. Thanks for reading!