Hoi An to My Lai Massacre by private car is the best travel option to visit the My Lai Massacre site and learn more about what really happened in this peaceful village.
The distance from Hoi An to My Lai Massacre is about 130km, and it will take about 2.5 hours to reach My Lai hamlet, Son My village, Son Tinh District, Quang Ngai Province. By booking our Hoi An Private Car, you will enjoy the day at My Lai Massacre in a comfortable car with an English-speaking driver.
HOI AN TO MY LAI MASSACRE PRIVATE CAR
Hoi An to My Lai Massacre Highlights
- Learn about the dark history of the My Lai Massacre, a mass massacre in 1968 that killed more than 500 Vietnamese
- The massacre was covered up for more than a year, causing global outrage.
- This is the top destination in Vietnam for those interested in war history.
- Explore My Lai, interact with locals, and find out the impact of the massacre on the village.
- See ruins and memorial services for war victims at My Lai Memorial Museum and My Lai Peace Park.
Based on your requested time, our Hoi An private car and experienced driver will pick you up at your hotel and transfer you to My Lai Massacre at Son My village, Son Tinh District, Quang Ngai Province.
Along the way, if you need any support, please feel free to ask our friendly driver. After around 2 hours and 30 minutes, we will get to the My Lai Massare site.
You will buy an entrance ticket to get to the My Lai Massacre Museum to watch a documentary to understand deeply what really happened in this poor village.
The 1968 My Lai massacre has been called “the most horrifying chapter of the Vietnam War.” This incident was covered up for nearly a year and caused global outrage and change. This massacre caused the deaths of more than 500 men, women, children, and even infants in the village.
You can explore the My Lai Tunnels where the local people hid during the massacre and witness the “shoe prints of US militaries” who made the massacre in My Lai hamlet.
You can wander around to learn more about the local life, local culture, and the rustic views of the village nowadays with the local rural houses, rice fields, lush gardens, etc.
Continue the Hoi An to My Lai Massacre by private car, you will respect and commemorate the sacrifice of over 500 innocent people in the massacre offer incense to all the victims, and contemplate the consequences of war and the importance of peace at Hoa Binh Park.
After all, our Hoi An private car and driver will transfer you back to your hotel/ homestay in Hoi An. We finish the private car Hoi An to My Lai Massacre. Phong Nha Private Car Travel wishes you a great day trip with us.
- A baby seat is available upon request and it is free of charge.
- Please wear proper clothes that cover your chest and knees when visiting this site.
- Visiting the My Lai Massacre site is a solemn and educational experience. It’s a place to remember the past, learn from history, and promote peace and reconciliation.
- When visiting, it’s important to be respectful, maintain a solemn demeanor, and approach the site with sensitivity to its historical significance.
- The My Lai Massacre site offers visitors an opportunity for quiet reflection and contemplation. It’s a place to pay respects to the victims and contemplate the consequences of war and the importance of peace.