Abandoned valley and E cave trek is an amazing tour and a must doing for anyone travelling to Vietnam. You will have a chance to explore the Vietnamese tropical forest. And also experience the history of the Vietnam – American war as you trek along the narrow track. It’s definitely worth the journey!
The Abandoned Valley in a remote area of the world heritage Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park. It is traversed by part of the famous Ho Chi Minh trail. Under the guidance of an internationally qualified local tour guide, with the support of a team of local porters, this tour represents a great opportunity to get in to the jungle and experience authentic Vietnam whilst supporting employment for local people.
Abandoned Valley and E cave trek includes four hours’ worth of jungle trekking, a 300-metre foray into the front end of Dark Cave, a barbecue and then a swim into E Cave – one of the most accessible river caves in the area. After visit the Abandoned Valley and E cave trek, you will realize that it’s one of the best tours around.
* Activities: 12km of Jungle Trekking, Explore Dark cave, Jungle BBQ, Swim in hang E cave
* Adventure level: Medium high – fitness for the challenging terrain of the 12km hike. Not suitable for children under 15 years of age and people has been diagnosed with high blood pressure.
– Gear provided: Vietnamese soldier trekking boots if required (we suggest bringing your trekking shoes just in case our boots don’t suit you), headlight, helmet, gloves, and life jacket.
– Gear to bring: Trekking clothes (long trousers and shirt), personal toiletries, sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, sunglasses, swimming gear.
* Detailed time plan: Tour departs daily from 7:30 a.m to 18:30 p.m
09:00 am: Arrive at the trek departure point and start trekking through the jungle to the abandoned valley. As we trekked through the unpaved Ho Chi Minh trail, you will find yourselves deep in lush Phong Nha forest. The sun may shining on everything that day, and butterflies beach on the river fluttered all around us each time we passed through a little stream.
Note: If your hotel in Dong Hoi city, surcharge is 30 usd.